Breaking News

President Buhari sworn in for a second term by acting chief justice of Nigeria. Newly sworn in Gover of Lagos assures residents of purposeful leadership

Fathers Day: Nigerian celebrities reveal their father’s favourite household items


Fathers Day is here again. It’s that time of year to specially celebrate dads and father figures alike in our lives. It is another moment to unwind and relax with family members, recounting fond memories.

It is unarguable that fathers are always addicted to one household item which they hold sacred and also possess one interesting character that stand them out.

Nigerian celebrities share with Vanguard Allure some of these moments and items that are their fathers hold sacred in their homes.

He liked newspapers a lot – Nazo Ekezie, actress




He liked newspapers a lot o. In fact my dad was a news addict. He buys papers every single day. After he died, it took us months to discard the papers in his room.

My father likes his transistor radio a lot.
He can allow you drive his car but that radio is a no-go area. He listens to news with it 24 – 7.
In addition, my look, behavior, training also reminds me of my father a lot. While growing up, I thought my father hated because my own punishment is always heavy and I guess it was because I was very stubborn (Laughs). We used to fight a lot then.
Shaving stick was his fond item – Omalicha Elom, actress
Shaving sticks always remind me of my father. He liked shaving his beards himself. He hated beards and he believed that shaving is part of cleanliness. So, he was always clean shaved, smooth and clean whenever you see him. We still do miss him a lot. RIP to the world best father.
My mum was all for us – Nani Boi, Filmmaker
It may not be right to address my mum as an item but seeing her at home always reminds me of my late dad who left us when I was just 4 years old and my mum has been doing the job of both father and mother ever since.
We have an old TV as a family member – Judy Austin, Actress
There is this old black and white television with four legs that has become member of our family (Laughs)Although, there’s a flat screen in the house, but my father has refused to get rid of it. Saying it’s one of his oldest properties.

No comments